Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Straight Outta the Lunchbox! 7 days of [Top 8] allergy-friendly & #littlepiggyapproved EATS

Since I'm packing lunches every day anyway, I thought that I could share what goes into a 5 year old's bag around here. (NOTE: The bento boxes and leak-proof containers are LunchBots and, of course, S'well Bottles are a staple. I'm lovin' our LunchBot choice and very happy to have 2 containers in different compartment styles to rotate between.) 

Keeping in mind that this is only the second week of school, I'm trying lots of variety to see what are the favorites. Once I see what my son is more likely to eat, I'll do a lot more repeats throughout the week AND I need to add more fresh veggies to the mix. I also just found out that he only gets 20 minutes for lunch (to wash hands, walk to the cafeteria, find a seat, unpack, socialize/dilly dally, and THEN eat in whatever time is left *gasp*), so I want to make sure I'm packing things that he is going to eat without packing junk.  After the first few days of being seriously h'angry after school, I tried to stress the importance of eating as much as he could at lunch so he would have energy to finish the day. After that, he typically has been eating about 1/2 of his food and finishes the rest immediately after school. He also knows not to eat any "dessert' unless the rest of his food is finished...or else. I'd like to think that I've got him trained pretty well ;)  

For a drink, he's been asking for lemonade so I make my "Little Piggy Lemonade" recipe (water, ice, organic lemon juice & stevia) and try to mix in some Great Lakes gelatin (the green can is cold water soluble) for added protein. 

You can find links to most of the brands I mention (or recipes) on the "Little Piggy Lunch Ideas" List!  If there's something you see that you can't find more info about, just leave me a comment and I'm happy to help. Enjoy! 

Day 1: You've seen this one before. "Bamboo Lane" Rice Rollers, "Nick's Sticks" grass fed beef sticks, organic raisins,  organic green beans. Packed in the Trio bento box and 4 oz leak-proof container, 9 oz S'well bottle. 
Day 2: organic corn tortilla chips, "Bare" Apple Chips, "Applegate" pepperoni, organic carrot sticks, organic "Wholly Guacamole" 100 cal pack. Packed in Quad bento box. 
Day 3: organic seaweed snacks, organic grapes, beef taquitos. Packed in Trio bento box. 
Day 4: crackers, leftover meatballs, "Simply Balanced" fruit & vegetable strip, organic apple sauce. Packed in Trio bento box and 4 oz leak-proof container. 
Day 5: leftover spaghetti (100% corn noodles) with meat sauce, mandarin oranges in 100% juice. Packed in 10 oz Thermos Funtainer and 4 oz leak-proof LunchBot container. 
Day 6: "Pizza Popcorn" (air-popped, seasoned with avocado oil and "Flavor God" Pizza seasoning), "Wellshire" natural/ no-sugar added bacon, organic broccoli, pears in 100% juice,  Little Piggy sized Birthday Cake Cookie from BWB. Packed in Quad bento box and 4 oz leak-proof container. 
Day 7: mini-flatbreads (made with Otto's Naturals Cassava Flour), organic carrots & apples with sun butter, [dairy-free] yogurt with [no sugar added] strawberry sauce and Enjoy Life mini-chips. Packed in Quad bento and 4 oz leak-proof container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment